Friday, May 7, 2010

Everybody's workin for the weekend....







































Nate - It's Friday night, so expect us to be...talking to Josh/Erin to catch up on the Pacific Northwest/SouthEast; obeying God's commandment to feast and relax on Erev Shabbat [Erev Shabbat means Eve of the Sabbath -Saturday- for the non-messianic Jew's reading this blog] and a great nights sleep before our Saturday morning workout.

This was a big week for me, as I continue to assimilate into my full time position at the Special Forces unit. I'm still drinking from the proverbial firehose, but I'm starting to know what I don't know, which is progress. That's about all there is to say about that.

Meanwhile, Anna's final day at her part-time job was this afternoon. She had a blast and made some friends, but we're preparing to move to Denver in the next 3 weeks, so she will be shopping her resumé around at some more long-term organizations.

Our 3-day weekend is shaping up to be a goodie: Sabbath service at a new synagogue, wall installation on the bus, bus camping at Horsetooth Reservoir, flea market exploration, and maybe some good 'ol southern lovin?

As my friend Will Sledge would say...peace and chicken grease!

1 comments:

Gail said...

(Is it cool to comment on your kids' blog?) I hope so...cause I am, of course, a devoted follower! Looks like you two had a wonderful weekend! Much love, mom

Post a Comment